Lead Service Technician
CPM Conveyor is seeking a Lead Service Technician that can lead, train, schedule
and assist our outside service team. The successful candidate will be able to troubleshoot,
repair and maintain customer conveyor and associated equipment while maintaining a
superior level of professionalism with customers, vendors, and coworkers.
Skills and Experience:
- Service, Maintain and Repair all types of Conveyor systems and associated equipment.
- Cutting, lacing, splicing, and tracking belts. Vulcanizing belting is a plus.
- Mechanical, Electric and Pneumatic integration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of controls, and electrical systems.
- Work with and train less experienced technicians.
- Know, practice & follow all safety standards established by CPM Conveyor and OSHA.
- Superior customer relation skills.
- Innovative, creative, and engineering mindset.
- Strong sense of urgency – efficient and proficient.
- Experience with CAD software (Auto CAD) (Autodesk) (Solidworks) BIG PLUS
Working knowledge of:
- Frequency Drives & programming
- Motor OLs and start / stop circuits
- Electrical load analysis
- E-stop circuits
- Relay and delay relay control logic
- Photo eyes, Prox sensors and scanners
- Conveyor accumulation function
- Conveyor power and control
- Troubleshooting and repair practices
- Perform specified duties and projects as assigned by the Service Manager.
- Communicate with Service Manager to maintain job status(es) and needs.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of outside service.
- Support Sales and Project Management in the sale and installation of new conveyor.
- Lead conveyor installation crew.
- Understand and work within job budgets.
- Pass a drug screen and background check.
- Have a good driving record and a valid driver’s license.
- Have and maintain the tools need for outside service work.
- Availability to work overtime and occasional on call shifts.
- Internet skills
- Ability to learn other computer skills
We provide several benefits to our employees such as:
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company vehicle
- Company uniforms
- Tool replacement program
Our Service Team is compensated for hours worked. A typical workweek consists
of 40 or more hours. We are a 24 hour response service team. Some work outside the
standard 40 hour work week is expected. Overtime or double time will be paid for this time.